The Lacy Place

The Steel Horse Saloon

This topic contains 1,153 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  Rachel Darkholme 10 hours, 50 minutes ago.

• Author
     Jacqueline 

I smile and share a hug with my friend Fifi.

“Hello Fifi. Welcome back to the saloon. It’s very nice to have you here again.”

amylynn 
    Participant

I’m mixing and serving drinks happy to be gof help.

I am not looking for sex! so Don't ask!

Jacqueline 

“Thank you so much Amy.”

Mechelle 
    Participant

“Thanks, Jacqueline,” I say as I affix the manager’s badge, and nod and smile to Amy when I see her busy working

“How has everybody been recently then? It does seem that the Steel Horse brand is getting to be a franchise like Macdonald’s or somewhere, with all these new branches opening!”

Jaclyn 
    Participant

  “And you’re just as cute when you’re laying down!” #Giggle

… being close to her again is so fine! …

  “I think we need to go to my place in Aruba to see if your skin can be teased to something other than your wonderful translucency! A bit of color might look good on you, if it doesn’t have those adverse effects! What color are your eyes again? Some of us Teutons react poorly to too much Vitamin D.”

amylynn 
    Participant

I go to Michelle give her a hug and a kiss!

Taffy SIlk 
    Participant

[color-blue]”Laying down? Well obviously, what else would I be? Adorable? Irresistible? Hmm, you been spying on me by the pool, Jaclyn?”[/color]

[color-blue]”Now I think you’re just trying to use wiles on me. I can be very weak-willed and pliable for the right girl, I assure you, but translucent? I don’t think I’ve ever been translucent, is it a good thing to be?”[/color]

I smile and blink at her.

[color-blue]”My eyes? Green, aren’t they? And vitamin D is a good thing isn’t it, or are you just saying that you don’t want your pretty little hide tanned?”[/color]

I giggle. I bet she’d like it really.

Fifi B 
    Participant

@jacqueline Thanks for the hug!

Finish clean, much better now.

Something look different here?

Jaclyn 
    Participant

… tanned? … wiggle in her wonderful grasp …

  “I do like tanned leather. raw hides are stinky!” #Giggle.

… green eyes …

  “Green eyes look good in a tanned face. Are green eyes like blue eyes, a suggestion that too much tanning isn’t very good? Or like amber and brown eyes meaning tanning is okay if not overdone? I shouldn’t tan hardly at all, my Mom has all sorts of skin things that I don’t want, cuz she worked outside a lot.”

… sip of my martini …

  “So does the new Steel Horse gin pass the Taffy test?”

Jacqueline 

I smile to Fifi.

“It might look a little different with the new paint and peanuts, but it’s still the same Steel Horse Saloon.”

Steffy 
    Participant

As I wander around the bar, getting a sense of the ongoing, who should I see, but Taffy, aka Silk. I giggle. “Some things stay the same and others change. So far it seems that coloring is a new skill to be learned. Hiya Silk!”

I wink at Jaclyn. “Show off!”

Mechelle 
    Participant

“Exactly what I was thinking, Steffy.”

Hmm. If I am thnking the same as Steffy, that could be worrying.

Taffy SIlk 
    Participant

I let her go slightly, distracted by the wriggle. Sigh, I’m so easy to beat.

“Noted. Tanning can be arranged.”

I scratch my head, frowning while trying to work out the question.

“Um, yes? No? Maybe? I don’t know about any of that. But then I’m blonde and pale, aren’t I?”

I squint through the G&T, sampling it and putting it down.

“Yes, smooth as me. Very good, I approve. We can come back here, er, to maintain sampling records of course. I wonder if I get a badge from de management…”

A familiar voice or two ring out.

“Steffy! Yay, someone as blonde as me! Help, Jaclyn here is making my head hurt, with all her colouring, but t’other Jacqueline has ensured there is gin so it’s okay. I think.”

I look around and smile at Mechelle.

“I’d get up and say hi properly but Jaclyn’s adopted me to perch on. And, Steffy, you can call me Taffy if you like. Mechelle looks a little unwell for some reason.”

Jaclyn 
    Participant

… stick my tongue out at Steffy …

  “Every chance I get, girlfriend. Someone has to show off what they’ve learned overnight from the goddess Melissa!”

… and back to the cute Welsh brunette friend …

  “Your roots are showing. All the way to the split ends. Hate to tell you this. Maybe I need some more vodka to counteract what your gin is failing to do to your hair color. Or maybe you need another round like me!”

… empty my glass in one swig … lift out the skewer with the two olives wave inconspicuously toward Mechelle and Amanda …

  “Another round for the blondes and for the house too. On me!”

My current formatting.

…  …

  “ ”

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jaclyn.
     Jaclyn 
    Participant

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jaclyn.
     Victoria Wainwright 
    Participant

Tommi and I make our way through the vamp up Lacy Place Hotel till we come to the doors of the Steel Horse. Entering with my arm around my love say.”Look darling the place looks fantastic, and friends too”

Jacqueline 

After serving fresh cocktails to Jaclyn and Taffy, I bounce up and down and wave my arms as Steffy, Miss Wainwright, and Tommi enter the saloon. I then hurry over to share hugs with my friends.

“Hello Ladies, welcome to the Steel Horse Saloon, version 2. It’s so nice to see you. Please come in and make yourselves comfortable. I’ll take your drink orders if you like. Our waitress hasn’t arrived yet but others are filling in and helping out splendidly.”

I smile happily to Mechelle, Amy, and Fifi.

amylynn 
    Participant

I come out of the kitchen with a cart of sandwich wraps and goodies!

Mechelle 
    Participant

I look around and smile at Mechelle.

<span class=”d4pbbc-font-color” style=”color: blue”>“I’d get up and say hi properly but Jaclyn’s adopted me to perch on. And, Steffy, you can call me Taffy if you like. Mechelle looks a little unwell for some reason.”</span>

I brighten up when Taffy mentions Jaclyn perching on her, and I can see the Steel Horse is being well looked after with Amy being hard at work.

“Perching reminds me that a certain bird must be around here somewhere,” and I scan around the bar for any sign of Robbie.

Steffy 
    Participant

I wave to Victoria and maybe Tommi.

Mechelle is around I know. I watch to see when I can say hi.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Steffy.
     Tommi 
    Participant

Within seconds of our arrival Jacqueline greets us with her famous welcoming hug and asks what we would like. “Hi Jacqueline, we could use a couple martinis.”

As Jacqueline retreats to the bar, I see Steffy wave and smile as I wave back, “Look dear, Steffy is here and Jaclyn is over there, Taffy must be here too.”

Amy comes out from the kitchen with a tray full goodies and offers us to some. “Thank you Amy”.

“Shall we make our way to Steffy dear?”

Jacqueline 

I walk to the bar to ask Amy to fix two martinis and when she places them on the bar, I serve them to the Wainwrights.

“Enjoy Ladies.”

Victoria Wainwright 
    Participant

One would think that there has been no changes to the hotel as Jacqueline servers our elixir of life as we and see Steffy wave. With a hug to Jacqueline I then thank Amy for the finger food and see others, with a giggle as we touch our glasses say to my love. “looks like they Round up the usual suspects.”

Taffy SIlk 
    Participant

”Gaah! Split ends!! Oh, I’ll have to hide away, or wear a hat! Oh the horror!”

I pout.

”You’re just ashamed to be seen with me, aren’t you? Roots and split ends in one sentence! I feel all faint, so yes, more drinks is the least you can do for being mean.”

I pout again, trying not to giggle.

”And flirting with Steffy too!”

Steffy 
    Participant

Anticipation! I see Tommi and even hear mention of her and Victoria heading my way. Yayay! “Over here! I need you two attention-getters which guarantees a few walkby’s and more greetings.”

Jaclyn 
    Participant

… giggle …

  “Oh no, never ashamed to be seen with my favorite Welsh princess! We’ll just have to get us both to the salon for a spa day with haircuts. Besides, I like you for your mind! It’s the funnest part about you!”

… Steffy? …

  “Did I budge even a millimeter toward Steffy? Huh? Oooh, there’s Tommi and Victoria!”

… wave to them … they might see it if they can see past Steffy who seems to be an eclipse all by herself …

  “You know Tommi and Victoria, right? They throw the best parties!”

Steffy 
    Participant

I look around, wearing my avatar as a test.

1st OOC: Wanted to see if you could have an avatar inside your text. 2nd OOC EDIT: I tried to control the size of the pic. Didn’t work. Tried to *floatleft* the pic. Didn’t work. This pic is a smaller version to see if it becomes manageable.

Steffy 
    Participant

FYI: you can get a proper sized pic by going to Tinypic.com You identify the pic, upload and specify the size. Thumbnail etc.

Mechelle 
    Participant

Recognising that someone is missing,I head off towards the back of the bar, but en route I spot Tommi and Miss Wainwright.

“It is good to see you again,ladies. You haven’t seen my bird, Robbie, have you? I am sure he must be around here somewhere.”

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Mechelle.
     Victoria Wainwright 
    Participant

Heading toward Steffy Machelle askes about her bird, god I hope nothing has happened to it after all the bird is the word I think to myself. “Oh darling I hope she’s alright, she must be looking for a cracker or two.” We then make our way to Stffy who seems to be trying to be a door blocking other girls. “Steffy darling look at you, lovely as ever.” Seeing a hand raised then a face its Jaclyn, with a smile I try to wave to her over Steffy.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 1,153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please remember that this site is volunteer run and operated. Returning emails may take some time.

Sending

©2019 Melissa Daniels & Renee Carter-Daniels

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar