The Lacy Place

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Bra Clubhouse

This topic contains 709 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Kathy 3 hours, 58 minutes ago.

• Author
     Kathy 
    Participant

OOC: Sorry about the delay, but I get Hobnobs in the US from Kroger (International Section) and HEB in Texas, so they are here now 🙂

Jacqueline 

OOC: Cool Kathy thanks.

On the private post, I didn’t see anyway to designate who can see it. Thank you Mechelle for responding. Evelyn, I guess that explains that the private does work to block others from seeing a post but I don’t know how to allow a specific person to see it. Interesting. And welcome to the clubhouse.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Jacqueline.
     Mechelle 
    Participant

“Do you get many British foods over here, Kathy? I don’t think you knew her, but I remember Krissie and I used to reminisce about black pudding.”

OOC. I am jumping from OOC to In Character posts and back again, but you would be very welcome to enter the Clubhouse in character, Evelyn.<!–more–>

Mistress Kitana 
    Participant

OCC yeah private keeps it private then you can’t read it it comes with the privacy

I bimbo Skye lick my lips shake my breasts

And twirl my hair and suck on a lollipop drooling a little bit

I, Mistress Kitana, am proudly owned by Goddess Sasha and together we proudly co-own my wife, fluffy mittens kitten.

Kathy 
    Participant

OOC: You can get a lot now Michelle, a lot of grocery stores have small ‘International’ sections although I’m not sure how Cajun (Louisiana) food is classed as International, maybe it’s because it’s just ‘not Texas”?

There are also some specialty stores selling British, European and Indian foods, but black-pudding and haggis I’ve not seen, I believe there are some import restrictions on them, but I seem to remember that Haggis could now be imported but I’m not sure. The closest here would be Boudin from Louisiana, and then there is Amazon 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Mechelle 
    Participant

OOC Well, Texas was an independent republic in the past, so you could say everything else is foreign!

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Mechelle.
     Kiaday 
    Participant

While I am waiting for Amy to pick out a song I decide to join in on the interesting conversation. “I have been known to dip my cookies in milk, and even coffee. I don’t really drink coffee though. But I heard that it can help you get used to the taste. Unfortunately, while trying to drink a regular 8 ounce cup I dipped so many cookies I gave myself a stomach ache. Tea on the other hand. I could never do that. It makes my tea taste like water, but that’s what happens when you mix sweet iced tea with sweets like cookies, candies, and cakes. Something about sugar mixes better when the tea is hot I suppose.”

Not here for the sex, but for the friendships.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Kiaday.
     Jacqueline 

I listen to Kiaday explain her cookie dipping and then giggle when she mentions over doing it and ending up with a stomach ache. I’ve done something similar more than once.

“Mechelle, do Brits dip crumpets into their tea? Or just nibble them along with the tea?”

“I’ve never dipped anything into tea. I’ve never thought about it.”

Mechelle 
    Participant

“I may not be the best person to ask, Jacqueline, as I don’t like tea, but I don’t think so. Crumpets are usually buttered and that doesn’t go with being dipped or dunked in hot drinks.”

omg omg I waitress Donna understand why dipping cokkies in those drinks have negative aafect

I, Mistress Andrea Tiffany, am proudly owned by Goddess Sasha.

Jacqueline 

“Oh, good point Mechelle.”

I smile happily.

“Why is that Donna? What do you know?”

Mechelle 
    Participant

“I am not sure what Donna knows, but, I have to say, despite all this conversation about dippong cookies, I never actually dip my biscuits in drinks.

There, I have admitted it!”

amylynn 
    Participant

I bring out a sandwich tray 

and put on knights in white satin and lead kaiday to the dance floor.

OOC: the cause of my frequent illness was discovered.  I had my gallbladder removed.  I’m ok now.

I am not looking for sex! so Don't ask!

Jacqueline 

Amy plays one of my favorite songs and brings out a tray of yummy sandwiches.

“Thank you Amy. These look delicious.” I say as I take one.

OOC: I’m very happy to hear the problem was found and corrected Sis. I hope you recover quickly.

Mechelle 
    Participant

I also take one of Amy’s sandwiches to nibble.

Ooc Likewise. As Jacqueline said, it is good that it was found, and I hope you make a quick and full recovery.

Kiaday 
    Participant

I smile as Amy and I head out to the floor for another dance.

OOC: I’m glad you are okay. I remember when mine was removed it wasn’t very pleasant.

Not here for the sex, but for the friendships.

omg omg amy your sandwiches smell so delicious 

OCC it’s good that your ok now

Amy that’s great ..I hope you get recovery

I kairi after drinking my coffee I take a bite of the sandwich

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/fashion-beauty/cms/binary/4477100.jpg?size=640×420

I waitress Donna

Eat and crunch and munch and nibble the cookie *

Jacqueline 

I smile happily, enjoying myself here in the clubhouse.

Kathy 
    Participant

I love the atmosphere here 🙂

“Crumpets are awesome! … the only ‘problem’ they have is that they are like sponges when it comes to putting butter on … they just keep on soaking it up! .. delicious but also decadent”

*winks*

Jacqueline 

I giggle at what Kathy says about crumpets. They sound so good.

Veronica 
    Participant

I breeze into the clubhouse, kick-off my stilettos and wiggle my toes with a satisfying sigh.

“Hey, ladies.  What’s up?”

Mechelle 
    Participant

“We are just having some hobnobs. They are like bicuits or cookies, which you can dip in your drink.
    Would you like one, Roni?” I hand her the pack.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Mechelle.
     Jacqueline 

I smile and greet Roni with a hug.

“Hi Sis, welcome. It’s good to see you.”

Mechelle offers a biscuit and I offer a drink.

Veronica 
    Participant

Jacqueline greets me with a warm hug which I return with a right squeeze.  I gratefully accept the drink and select one biscuit from the pack that Mechelle offers and pass the rest onto another girl.  I inspect the hobnob;  my right eyebrow rises slightly.

“Mechelle, I don’t think I’ve ever heard hobnob used to describe cookies.  This looks yummy though.”

Mechelle 
    Participant

“We were discussing them a bit earlier, Roni. They have a funny name – probably deliberately – but they are chunky British biscuits which Kathy here seems to get imported specially!”

Jacqueline 

OOC: Is anyone else having a problem logging in? I am seeing a new log in page and it does not like my user name or password. I was about to apply for a new password when I suddenly found myself logged in.

‘O’ 
    Participant

Hi Jacqueline,

OOC: Am I having trouble logging in!!! Phew, thank goodness its not only me.  When I tried to log in yesterday, I was offered a choice of using WordPress (WP) or my username.  I remember that you can login by the using WP icon, so I enter my Lil username and password as usual.  But no good. I was taken to WP login page.  So I login with my WP username and password and that works.

I am registered with WP (someone recommended I do that when there were problems 2 or 3 months ago) ) but never use the site since the problems were sorted.

I can’t remember all the stuff I tried yesterday but I eventually searched for LIL, I  entered and selected it.  That took me to LIL.  Since then, even if I login using the LiL page, I am identified as a WP user even though I can use LIL.  Everything else seems to work the same but using different graphics. That is, except for the 2 logos from the top left.  They used to be WP and BB (I think) . That was how I used the ‘dashboard’ to see who of my friends are logged in.  The other one had ‘views’ and ‘forum’ short cuts.  But now they are replaced by 2 different icon related to WP account and I can’t find the dashboard!  Very annoying.

By the way, i tried to take  screenshot to send to Melissa but I can’t copy it into a PM or into a topic.  Can anybody tell me if I can copy a screenshot to another user?

Sorry about the long story but it might help someone understand what is going on.

IC Phew, Now I’m here I think I’ll have a drink.  What do you recommend?

Good luck ,’O’

‘O’ 
    Participant

OOC: Hi Jacqueline.  Me again.  I have just tried to log in with my other account and find that it is impossible.  That e-mail has no associated WP account but I still am sent to WP login which, of course, doesn’t work.

I can still login to LIL as ‘O’ (auxie) but have to use my WP account!

IC: Forget the drink, I’m off for a real one!! Maybe later?

Viewing 30 posts - 451 through 480 (of 710 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please remember that this site is volunteer run and operated. Returning emails may take some time.

Sending

©2019 Melissa Daniels & Renee Carter-Daniels

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar