Skip to toolbar

'Real Life' conversations

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    poppy
    Participant

I don’t see this conversation as one that talks about sexual exploits and desires. There are a ton of places on LiL that that satisfy that need.

So here are my questi0ns for you all.

Is this something in which you would be interested? (Either as an active participant or as a ghost. I ghosted the old thread for a long time before I stepped out into the light.)

If it is a conversation that you are interested in having, do you think it should be here in the forums, or set up in a group?

Roni

The group has already been set up as mentioned earlier in the thread.

It is here:

https://lockedinlace.com/groups/the-real-you/

Poppy

"'Will you walk into my parlour?' said the Spider to the Fly."

i am baby blue and i am proud to be owned by Sapphire Storm

Alison Anderson
    Participant

You’re welcome to start a thread in the RL Adventure group for this, or you can create a new group.

My feeling is it not of general interest and the general forum might not be the best place.  I do see the negative of a group in that people have to be searching for it but still think it is the better place.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Veronica
    Participant

I’m a bit confused by the last few posts.  It may be the way that my browser is displaying things.

Julia38,

It appears you’ve quoted my initial post in it’s entirety without any added comments.  Did you have a question or observation?

As both Allison and Poppy have noted, that original post resulted in  group called real life adventures, there are links to that group in subsequent posts this conversation.  Is that what you were looking for?

Anonymous

Roni,

As a big contributor to the Real Life Adventures forum on the previous version of LiL, both as an advisor and a contributor, I am very much in favor of a group here. I hope it will be open to those who cross dress and go out in public but have no plans for transitioning, since we face many of the same concerns, and many that are different.

There are private groups here where you must request membership to join. I just wonder if that will make things safer or not. Someone has to administer the group membership, and there is no way to know if someone joins, doesn’t contribute, and then takes this info out into the world anyway. You saw how a troll recently entered LiL to scam people. By what criteria are you going to accept or reject membership? If you want this to be a learning experience to those who “ghost”, and don’t provide the ghost’s membership, then they can’t learn.

Whatever you decide is fine by me. I just want you to think about the implications of the private group.

Yes, that is an excellant path. People with varied experiences can assist as a sounding board as to assigning what set of each level needs to be answered before granting access to each established level. However, it is also true that an open forum al all subject areas is the most open and inviting without any perceived fears of anyone wanting to participate. I think it is better to assign levels to individual posts by the poster’s own comfort level and people can request membership to be granted or denied by the poster. And still leaving the forum itself public by one overall membership policy.

I hope I’ve made some sense without offending anyone.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Maryhelen
    Participant

There is a lot too say regarding your discussion. I would say most are unique as individuals. Myself… married grown children no grandchildren loveless marriage of 35yrs yada yada yada…I am a closet housewife. I cook, clean etc… But fantasize ohh to be able to pass. To be in service to a beautiful female who would like to be pampered. Alas my idea of nirvana. 💋

marriage of 35yrs

Housekeeper
    Maid
    Cook

Veronica
    Participant

Repeating the link to the group.  If you’re interested in sharing, or just want to check out what people are up to out in the real world, check it out.

Click here:

Deviant Art by Arina-Sayk

(Also, thought I would bump this up so that new folks would see it.

Michelle
    Participant

Hi Veronica

That is a wonderful idea. I`d be glad to participate in such a projct 🙂

I would suggest to set up a group for the purpose – and I think only group members should be able to acces the forum. We are supposed to talk about private stuff, after all.

I completely agree with your thought process. It would be a place where people could freely open up to others for their experiences & suggestions

Shannon
    Participant

One of the biggest bummers of this whole virus thing for me is the cancellation of my Pathways support group. I always had at least one outing to look forward to as Shannon each month, and to see the wonderful friends I’ve made there….

The higher the heels, the closer to Heaven.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    poppy
    Participant

One of the biggest bummers of this whole virus thing for me is the cancellation of my Pathways support group. I always had at least one outing to look forward to as Shannon each month, and to see the wonderful friends I’ve made there….

Big hugs.

I think it is either already affecting us or it will affect a lot of us in the future. For some here who do not practice anything in RL, it may even give them more time to explore their thoughts online.  For those with RL involvement, it is going to be hard until it is over and that is unlikely to be for some time. Even after the virus has run it’s course, it will be a long time before the damage it has done to social life and the economy.

The one good thing that may come out of it is that it seems to be bringing the best out in some people and it might help us to be a more caring and tolerant society in the long term.

"'Will you walk into my parlour?' said the Spider to the Fly."

i am baby blue and i am proud to be owned by Sapphire Storm

Alison Anderson
    Participant

I’ll miss seeing you there too, Shannon. And even when it starts back up, I wonder what it’s going to be like not being able to hug anyone.

SdnlySuzie
    Participant

Hello, new member – and rather new to feminization.

My current girlfriend thought it would be interesting to start role reversals. Only, ‘acting’ for the day. I told her, okay – if our boss approves, I’ll dress the part at work, then play the “her” afterward. We cleared this at work as long as I agree to the female dress code going forward once we start, no problems, so I agreed.

A couple days ago, she asked me to order my first pair of shoes for my front desk job. I thought I’d be able to at least give my feet a rest a bit on breaks. I spoke with the retailer, and learned the shoes she will have me in I cannot remove — Pleaser Vanity 434 locking heels. I just ordered them last night, and while on the phone, was joking with the sales girl (yes, I told her they were for my introduction to high heels) about how amusing the faux ankle strap will be. She chuckled, and just said, “okay, ordered, good luck – the straps are functional” (she explained, if once I lock them, and the girlfriend has the keys; they are on till she unlocks them).

Any tips for the day these get locked on my feet? My plan is to close my eyes, once everything else is on; and have her lock me in. I’m currently able to handle low heels well at home; and she had me out twice to the corner CVS for shopping in 3″ heels with no problem. Then a bit of a walk around the mostly closed mall area. She wants to get me to 5″ stilettos for “date nights”

If anyone asks (customers or coworkers; should I tell them the locks are functional, or go with my first thought – faux straps?).

Advice for going to work for a day?

Alison Anderson
    Participant

I have the same pair.  Here is some advice.

First, when I got the shoes, they were killing my feet when I was just wearing them to bed.  I needed to get a shoe stretcher to widen it just a little bit, which took a couple of days.

I had trouble putting the folding metal tabs into the strap holes.  If you put a bobby pin in the tab, then thread the tab in the strap and remove the pin (use the bobby pin as a needle threader) you may have more luck.

They give you 4 locks and 3 keys each.  However, each of the 12 keys open any of the 4 locks.  Go out and get 4 locks that are each keyed differently.  Now you need 4 different keys to be able to remove the shoes. You can even make a game out of guessing which key fits each lock, getting punished for each wrong guess.  To make it harder, separate the key pairs so even with 1 lock there will be 5 keys!

If you want to play alone, or even force yourself to wear it after you come home, order a K-Safe (also called Kitchen Safe).  They are inexpensive time safes that can be set up to 10 days, and once activated you either have to break the locking mechanism (not recommended) or the container (a replacement container is cheaper than a replacement locking mechanism if you have to break it in an emergency).  Time (punishment time?) can also be added on while the safe is activated.  Removing the battery will not reset the timer to 0.  Here is a picture of me locked in the shoes, the keys in the container, the timer set to 7 hours, the 5 second change-your-mind countdown timer at 2, the timer started and the tabs out locking the top to the container, and 5 hours later with the timer at just over 2 hours.

This next one shows the timer at 33 seconds, 1 second (note the tabs still out), 0 seconds (note the tabs are retracted), and with the top finally open giving me access to the keys.

And finally, free at last.  You can see the indentation of the strap against my skin and the fact that the straps are indeed functional.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Veronica
    Participant

Hello All,

It’s nice to see new posts to this thread.  (My email notification seems a bit broken.  I’ll need drop in more.)  I think most of you know that I identify as a woman who is transgender.  I have lived my authentic self full time for a few years now.   Here are some of the impacts I see to our community and some of my misgivings.

I participate in couple of t-women support groups.  They’ve both moved online.  While I live in one of the ‘tech capitals’ of country, there are still folks here without internet access, who cannot attend these new forums.  These women unfortunately represent the ones living nearest to emotional crisis.   Outreach in this environment is difficult, and I’m not certain how we, as a community, support our trans-siblings.

It appears that in this region,  we’ve avoided over-running hospital capacity.  I’m hoping that remains the case.  I do not want to contemplate a situation where winners and losers are chosen with regard to hospital beds.  I fear for our community members if we get to that point.  It is too easy to put ‘the other’ out on the street.

Shelter in Place, a necessity to prevent our hospitals from being overwhelmed,  has already resulted in layoffs, and will likely result in more.  Trans folk suffer higher unemployment than other segments of society, and  will be hard-hit as companies make these employment choices.  (First out, last back)

Roughly 50% of the homeless youth in my home city are LGBTQ, and about half of those are trans.  Homelessness hits our community disproportionately.  Infection rates among the homeless are running rampant.  So the most marginalized folks in our community are most at risk from this plague.

There is more, but you get the idea.  While the current conditions often lead each of us to focus on personal impact and fear for our own health, we also need to consider how we support our ‘tribe’.  I’ve started donating money and resources to local support orgs.  Please consider doing something similar.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Veronica.
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 Melissa Daniels & Renee Carter-Daniels

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account