Old content

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tris 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
     Katie 
    Participant

on the old LiL there used to be tons of stories weitten by members—where are those stories at now?

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Jacqueline 

Hi Katie,
    The stories have been saved to a back up file. But because the format of the old site is different than this site, they cannot be included here. I’m afraid they are gone.

Katie 
    Participant

That’s too bad there were some great stories on there. Any way we could get access to those—way through a download of the backup file or something?

Jacqueline 

I’m afraid not. The file is most likely huge and isn’t available. Sorry.

Katie 
    Participant

well i hope we can find a way someday. id be willing to reformat them if tou ever want someone to work on it to get them back on the site, too!

webnik 
    Participant

I’m afraid not. The file is most likely huge and isn’t available. Sorry.

I’m gutted to return to this site and find all those thousands of wonderful stories gone! 🙁 I’m a professional web developer, and like Katie, I’d be happy to help extract the user stories from your backup file and get them back online – either hosted here if you wanted them, or somewhere else?

(I recently volunteered on another adult stories site, and took 10,000 individual story files (hand-written, HTML2-era!) and converted them to a modern HTML5 format, indexed in a MySQL database.)

There are about 4000 old story pages at the Internet Archive, but obviously it would be better to get access to the full backup file:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180421023711/http://www.lockedinlace.com:80/main/story-list

webnik 
    Participant

I’ve just downloaded the most recent versions of all the /main/node/* pages stored by the Internet Archive. 3904 html pages, total compressed size is 13Mb (excludes any images). Shall I upload a copy somewhere?

Jacqueline 

Wow I found some of mine on page nine. How cool. I would love to have them here. As for a copy of the back up you would need to discuss that with Melissa, who owns the site as well as the old site. As far as uploading a copy of what you have, would a group work? You might create a group on this site.

We do have a heading in the main menu call Fiction, but I don’t see a way for any of us to post there. Again, contacting Melissa might be best. It would be grand to have them here.

webnik 
    Participant

I’ve done some more processing of the downloaded archives. The raw HTML from the Internet Archive was 30Mb compressed, then I’ve stripped off the common HTML page headers, menus, etc. to leave the content of the page (stories + comments), copied over the timestamps that each original HTML page was last modified on your old server, and renamed each page as 6117.html, etc. The processed files are 15Mb compressed.

Jacqueline 

Sounds exciting.

webnik 
    Participant

I’ve recovered 2 of the longest stories, and put into a simple HTML5 format (one file per story, instead of separate files for each chapter).

• A Walk in the Park parts 1-28 by Melinda (I’m missing parts 24,25,26 + 27 😥 )
    • The Freshman… parts 1-32 by Shauna

I haven’t included the comments for now.

(This site won’t let me attach the file as an archive like .zip or .tar ??)

Jacqueline 

I’m not sure about the zip attachment Webnic. I know we can attach media files like pictures video and music to our posts by clicking “select file” just above the submit button. I think perhaps a new group would be a good way to post the stories for others to see.

webnik 
    Participant

I’ve recovered 38 more multi-part stories, and put into a simple HTML5 format (one file per story, instead of separate files for each chapter).

• A Christmas Story Parts 1-6
    • A woman scorned parts 1-5
    • Becoming Tiffany Part 1 & 2
    • Behind the closed gates of Lonsdale Manor, parts 1-11
    • Defining Moments in My Strange Odyssey Parts 1-5
    • Denny, Parts 1-3
    • Discovered Parts 1-21
    • Healthy Living Parts 1-8
    • I watch her parts 01-21
    • Impelled by Need Part 1 & 2
    • Journey Part 1 & 2
    • Lingerie Shopping Part 1-5
    • Lost to Fire and Lace Part 1 & 2
    • Maid To Measure or Sissy Slave By Design Parts 1-11
    • Meeting Half Way Parts 1-5
    • Miss Pink Parts 1-4
    • Ms. Angelique’s (Un)Employment Emporium Parts 1-6
    • My introduction to Femdom Parts 1-7
    • My Special Girl Parts 1-3
    • Naughty sissies wear chastity belt parts 1-5
    • Now this is what happens to naughty naughty boys. Parts 1-8
    • Pauls little hobby becomes something more parts 1-6
    • Smile if you love me… parts 1-13
    • Strap on part 1 & 2
    • Surviving St Odette’s Parts 1-15
    • Teacher’s Aid parts 1-3
    • The fashion Industry, that’s for girls isn’t it ?? parts 1-3
    • The Breakup Parts 1-5
    • The Coven Parts 1-11
    • The Doll Maker Parts 1-5
    • The Girls Washroom Parts 1-5
    • The Race Part 01 & 02
    • The Substitute Part 1 & 2
    • The Weekend At His Aunties Parts 1-3
    • Tim’s transition Parts 1-3
    • Toms day at home, a life in frills parts 1 & 2
    • Transition to Sexy vamp Parts 1-3
    • Unholy Matrimony Parts 1-5

There are plenty of other great stories on the Internet Archive that are missing parts. I’d need access to the old site backup to fully recover those. e.g. Dark Star, One Step Too Far, Wonder Girl, etc.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  webnik.
    • This reply was modified 6 months ago by  webnik.
    Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
     Jacqueline 

That is fantastic. Thank you for your efforts. To get access to the backup, you’d need to contact Melissa.

https://lockedinlace.com/members/lissadaniels/

webnik 
    Participant

Thanks Jacqueline. I messaged Melissa last week, so just waiting to hear back.

Jacqueline 

That’s great. I hope she can work with you on a space to post all the old stories and also give you access to more of them. I’m excited about it.

sissy felicity 
    Participant

How can i read the old stories? I loved the olold lil stories and submitted a few myself.

webnik 
    Participant

After a lot of work I’ve finished recovering what I can of the old stories from archive.org  😀 There are a total of 322 story files as HTML pages, many of which are multi-chapter stories, so 1014 chapters in total.

I can’t upload a zip archive to this site, so I’ve put them here:

https://gofile.io/?c=8rYUGe

You should be able to download that archive, and then read the story files from your local drive using any web browser.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  webnik.
     Jacqueline 

Wonderful. Thank you very much for your efforts.

Katie 
    Participant

thanks so mcb to webnik for taking initiative on this. the community stories really helped the site in between offician content and updates and its good to see some of those being recovered.

webnik 
    Participant

I still haven’t heard back from Melissa, so I’ve created a nice catalogue page for all the stories. You can search & sort by story title, author name, keyword, etc. I’ve even done little icons for the Domination & Rating columns, and added a word count for each story with an estimate of how long it will take to read it.

I can’t upload a zip archive to this site, so I’ve put all the stories + new catalogue here:

https://gofile.io/?c=5Mc4A0

You should be able to download that archive, and then read the story files from your local drive using any web browser (open “index.html”), or upload the files to a new folder on any website and they’ll just work. You don’t need any scripting, databases, specific content management system, etc.

(This updated archive also includes the missing parts from A Walk in the Park, which the author very kindly sent me  😀 )

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  webnik.
    Attachments:
     Jacqueline 

That’s wonderful. Thank you very much. I’m going to sticky this thread to the top so others will be sure to see it.

webnik 
    Participant

Another update! I’ve now rescued many of the original photos used in the stories. I’ve put all the stories here:

https://gofile.io/?c=2pufKG

You should be able to download that archive, and then read the story files from your local drive using any web browser (open “index.html”), or upload the files to a new folder on any website and they’ll just work. You don’t need any scripting, databases, specific content management system, etc.

Jacqueline 

Wonderful. Thank you Webnic.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Jacqueline.
     tris 
    Participant

anyone here knows when the summer chastity caption stories will be put back. always love the story and am eagerly waiting to see what happens next.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please remember that this site is volunteer run and operated. Returning emails may take some time.

Sending

©2019 Melissa Daniels & Renee Carter-Daniels

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar