Need Help? Ask here!

This topic contains 97 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqueline 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author
     Miss Luzette 
    Participant

How do I send notifications? I receive them all the time but haven’t found the ‘stupid’ button to send one.
    Thx.

Jacqueline 

Notifications are sent by the web site to those who have notifications turned on. You can send PMs to other players. Or invitations. I hope this helps.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Jacqueline.
     Kamaro 
    Participant

Hello, new member Kamaro.  I started reading the information and looking for the avatar / profile page so I can set up my character.  The only thing I can find takes me to my profile page that I filled out when I joined the site.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Jacqueline 

Hello Kamaro.
    When you visit your profile page, click edit. Then you will see player and character. Choose character and fill out the information there. I hope this helps. Write again if you need more help.
    Hugs

Kamaro 
    Participant

Is it possible to set up multiple profiles under one sign on?  I have a submissive profile set up, and have already had a response to it.  I would like to set up an alter ego dominant profile.  Do I need to set up another separate account to do this???

Thank you

Jacqueline 

Yes, you will need to set up a separate account. We can’t set up multiple characters as we could on the old site.

SteffiC 
    Participant

Hello all.

I think there’s some technical issues with receiving notifications from a group threads, or at least, from one that I’m on.

Basically, someone who’s in my friend list invited me to this thread, which is inside a public group. It does work fine, or so I thought at least.

But after replying I did try to hit both the ‘favorite’ and ‘subscribe’ buttons. But the problem is that when, then I go to my profile, and try to look in Forums/Subscriptions as well as in Forums/Favorites: that thread does appear in the list at all.

So the current situation is that if go to the thread I can only ‘unsubscribe’ and ‘un-favorite’ it, but even still I receive no notifications at all about it. Hence, if I wanna get back in there I can either manually navigate through all the pages until I find it back inside all its groups and sub-groups OR scroll down in my profile board until I see my latest post in the activity log. This makes it kinda tedious and long to find back and a little tricky to follow up too.

Oddly enough, though, I do still receive an email notification when the other player replies there but NOT any notification on the actual website.

I’m not sure if you’re aware of this, or is it just me and it is an isolated case. But I wonder if something can be done?

– Steffi

Jacqueline 

Hi Steffi,
    Others have experienced the same or similar problems. Please give me the link to the topic and I will attempt to subscribe to see if I have the same problem.

I use email notifications and find that more reliable and easier to use as they link me directly to the new post.
    Hugs

1 user thanked author for this post.
     SteffiC 
    Participant

Hi Steffi,

Others have experienced the same or similar problems. Please give me the link to the topic and I will attempt to subscribe to see if I have the same problem.

I use email notifications and find that more reliable and easier to use as they link me directly to the new post.

Hugs

Thank you Jaqueline ^^

This is the link:  https://lockedinlace.com/groups/general-topics/forum/topic/john-strong-and-his-trophy/

Yes I do use the emal notification too, but..honestly it is sometimes tricky for me because I have to keep a different gmail account logged on my computer mostly. So ye..I mean silly personal issues, but still it’d be also nice to get here and be aware of the follow up with some blinking little icons or stuff, regardless my email account.

In any case, I do truly appreciate your help 🙂 Let me know if there’s anything I can do too, of course

kiss,

Steffi

Jacqueline 

Hi Steffi,
    I opened the thread and I clicked on subscribe. I then went to check my list of subscriptions and it did appear there. Give it another try. And be sure to refresh the subscriptions list. Let me know. If it still doesn’t work, please fill out a bug report.
    Hugs

SteffiC 
    Participant

Hi Steffi,

I opened the thread and I clicked on subscribe. I then went to check my list of subscriptions and it did appear there. Give it another try. And be sure to refresh the subscriptions list. Let me know. If it still doesn’t work, please fill out a bug report.

Hugs

mmh I just tried again, but it doesn’t seem to work. Just to be sure, by ‘list of subscriptions’ you mean like:

• going back to your profile
    • click on the ‘forums’ on the cover image
    • Then click on the ‘subscriptions’ tab

Correct? I don’t know if there’s a better/faster way to see your list of subscriptions, but up until now that’s how I did. And, unfortunately, what I get is…nothing. Same goes for the ‘favorites’ tab in the same section.

Jacqueline 

Yes, that is the list. Can you subscribe to any other topics or groups and have them listed on the subscriptions list? Or the favorites list? I looked around and I can’t find a setting which would turn that feature on or off.

I’ve asked for help from another moderator.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Jacqueline.
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Jacqueline.
     SteffiC 
    Participant

Yes, that is the list. Can you subscribe to any other topics or groups and have them listed on the subscriptions list? Or the favorites list? I looked around and I can’t find a setting which would turn that feature on or off.

I’ve asked for help from another moderator.

Thank you for the help, really 🙂

So, yes, I just added this very thread (“Need Help? Ask here!”) to both my favorites and subscriptions. And when going back in my profile, checking in that very same way that I always use: it appears it both sections.

Just to make sure I did another try on the thread in question, and tried to restart from scratch again. I did notice one small difference between doing it in that pace vs doing it on this one for this thread:

Basically, when on this pace I click either the ‘subscribe’ and ‘favorite’ icons, they just turn immediately in the activated version of the same icons. Meaning a full star for the Favorites button and a minus symbol for the subscribe one. Instead, when I try to do that on my RP thread, what happens is that as soon as I click one of those two buttons the entire page reloads and only then after it’s loaded back again, I can see the updated icons.. but then, again, it does not show up in my profile lists.

Anyways, I dunno if this is relevant or not technically, please ignore if just redundant.

Thank you again for you patience and help 🙂

Steffi

shychristine 

HI SteffiC,

I couldn’t recreate your issue either. When I went to the noted thread, I was able to subscribe and favorite it as well without an issue (my browser also refreshed the page and then had the appropriate favorite or subscribe icon change).

Please submit a bug report here:

https://lockedinlace.com/groups/bug-reporting/

Also, please include your operating system and browser version.

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Jacqueline 

Thank you Shychristine.

Steffi, when I favorite or subscribe, my page refreshes also before I see the star or the unsubscribe. I agree with Christine, please submit a bug report.

SteffiC 
    Participant

Thanks both of you!

I dunno why this is happening..but yeah, I’m gonna write into the bug report group..let’s hope for the best!

footbitch 
    Participant

Hi I just started, I would like to get started on a story line and have some fun 🙂

Jacqueline 

Hi Footbitch, I sent you some information on getting started by PM. Welcome to the site.

Click on Community / Discussions to find my ”How to get started here” message with information on finding your way around. Also see Melissa’s “Read Me” in the same forum. There are many other helpful discussions. And see the “need help” section of the menu. There you will find the FAQ constructed by Glenda, and also this forum for asking questions.

Have fun.

Candy-Cane 
    Participant

Is there a way to get it so that when you get a notification for a new reply to a thread, it takes you to the new reply itself rather than the beginning of a thread?

Jacqueline 

Hi Candy-Cane. I’ve found that email notifications do that. And they also show you the post right in the email. Then provide a clickable link to go directly to the post. I love it.

Kathy 
    Participant

I have 2 friendship requests from the same person, but I cannot accept or reject them I just get the error “There was a problem accepting that request. Please try again.” both when I try accepting or rejecting so they are just sitting there.

Any advice as to how I can get rid of them so we can start the friendship offer again from the beginning please?

Jacqueline 

I’ve not heard of that one before. Click on that person’s avatar and then on their profile page, just below their avatar, to the left, see if it says cancel friendship or add friend. Odd that you got two from the same person. Let me know what you find.

You can also ask that person to click “members” do a search for you, and cancel any friendship requests so as to start over.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Jacqueline.
     Anonymous

Can any one please inform me how to add a signature to the bottom of my posts please I’ve looked through the edit profile and character page but can’t seem to find any where to do it my Master is keen for me to find out and add a signature

Jacqueline 

Signatures have been eliminated because they were causing problems with the software. The option tended to come and go. But I did see a section inside the word press menu named profile, which does have a signature box. I used that to eliminate mine, but I’m not sure if it will work for adding one.

Anonymous

Sorry please explain what you mean by the word press menu

Jacqueline 

On the top of my page I see a large W in a circle. Clicking it opens the word press menu
    Hopefully this link will work

https://lockedinlace.com/wp-admin/about.php

Anonymous

Yes I found it and it worked thank you

Jacob 
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Alison Anderson 
    Participant

Has something happened to the site?  The three sections under the Fiction menu, Forced Feminization Fiction, Mistress Motivationals, and Mistress Monthly are all generating Error 404 – Page not found messages.

Jacqueline 

Hi Alison, yes, problems have developed leading to the 404 error. The donation page is also not available. And the FAQ has disappeared. Bug reports have been filed and messages have been sent to Melissa. No word yet on fixing it.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please remember that this site is volunteer run and operated. Returning emails may take some time.

Sending

©2019 Melissa Daniels & Renee Carter-Daniels

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar