Need Help? Ask here!

This topic contains 97 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqueline 4 weeks ago.

• Author
     Barbies Heather 
    Participant

🙂 A deep curtsy and a shy smile:)

Dear Ms Melissa,

Barbie Doll jean has been trying to figure out how to start a new forum/storyline called “Barbie Doll jean’s Adventures” , but has not been able to do so! Please assist her if You will or point her in the correct direction.

many hugs and softly blown kisses,

Barbie Doll jean

🙂 another deep curtsy with a very shy smile 🙂

Barbie,

Nice to meet you! What kind of story/storytelling will it be? As in, in M&R, in Lacy, in the real-world etc, so we can help you to narrow down what you might be aiming for .

Moni

Hi Monica…Well…I can’t even understand how to get anywhere..😐 I was with lil for 5years before it changed and now I can’t seem to figure out how to do anything here…😐

Barbies Heather

silky 
    Participant

At the foot of the space to post something is a tick-box “ <label for=”bbp_topic_subscription”>Notify me of follow-up replies via email</label>“.  But, so far, I’ve not found anywhere to enter an email address!  I would assume that it’s meant to pick up an address from my profile …

(And wouldn’t is be nice if a reply could have an addy within LiL so I could just click it, and go right to the posting i’m expected to reply to?)

Jacqueline 

You should have entered an email address when you registered Silky. I use my email notifications to navigate to my threads and PM’s. It’s nice because clicking the link in the email takes me directly to the post rather than just to the top of the thread. And there is less chance of missing something.

Stina 
    Participant

To all Moderators

I think this must be the place to share a few observations regarding groups:

When you create a group for the first time, you are stuck with some of the choices you make.

a) If you designate your group as invisible while you create it, your forum will always be invisible to all but members of the group and moderators. Guests and site-members will not be able to see it – even if you later change the setting to public.

b) You will also be stuck with the first name you chose for the group. If you  give the group something you think is a temporary name, for example: OneTwoThree. Then that name will always be displayed on the forum page.

If you later change the group name to : FourFiveSix. Then your forum page will display both group names.

The two headlines will look like this:

FourFiveSix

OneTwoThree

The reply/edit box will read: Create New Topic in “OneTwoThree”

I have created a group using the names mentioned above. You can see how this glitch looks, if you enter the forum of that group.

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Melissa 
    Keymaster

This is great info Stina.  Thank you for play testing.  I’m not entirely certain there are fixes, but perhaps our FAQ can help at least prevent or explain some behaviors.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     silky 
    Participant

Apropos receiving notices by email – When i check my email settings (Hover my icon/hover Settings/Click on ‘Email’) it confirms that I have set to receive on all options (‘Radio button’ ‘Yes’.)

No notifications have come through for any purpose.  I guess I omitted to enter an email address when Registering.  What I don’t see, now, is any way to add in (or alter!) an email address …

Half my Navigation blues might be eliminated if I got notifications whenever a thread moves ….

Jacqueline 

Silky, navigate to your “Settings” “general” and add or change your email address there. Be sure to save it. Then click “email” in that menu and tic the boxes to “yes.”

silky 
    Participant

Followed your guidance.

Under ‘Settings’ – up comes a page with  headings ‘General – Email – Profile Visibility – Privacy – Delete account’

Under ‘General’ are items ‘Current Password’ – Email@ Profile Visibility’ – etc.

2nd item below is ‘Account EMail’.  That is filled already with my correct email.

Go back up to ‘EMAIL” in the heading line –  below is a list of ‘Radio buttons’ headed ‘Send an email notice when ‘-

All buttons are selected under ‘Yes’.

So – so far as I can see, a) the system has my email address, and b) i have asked for email on all possible occasions.  Yet none come through.  Or am i looking for emails in the wrong place?  Is there a stash of unseen ones, somewhere?

Jacqueline 

Hi Silky,

I’m not sure about your paticular email program. Have you subscribed to any topics (threads)?

You should recieve a notice of this PM. You might check your spam folder in your email to be sure the notices aren’t going there.

Deanna 
    Participant

When I click on “Group Adventures” I get error 404.

Tasha Grey 
    Participant

I am listed as a student. How do I change this?

Melissa 
    Keymaster

I am listed as a student. How do I change this?

Where is it listing you as such.  All users are ‘students’ by default, which allow access to the ‘courses’, but I was not aware it was listed as such anywhere.

Melissa 
    Keymaster

When I click on “Group Adventures” I get error 404.

Which link are you using to access group adventures

Jacqueline 

Michy asked:
    There is a message on my facepage that i cant get rid of. Do you know how to edit or delete it.

The message in question appears on her cover image, under her avatar. Is there a way to delete or edit the message?

shychristine 

The message will show up when she writes something to her facepage.

If you are on your home page:

• Type something into the text box
    • Click the “post update” button
    • What was typed will appear under the avatar on your home page
     Jacqueline 

I didn’t even see that. Thanks Christine. I will let her know and suggest she delete what is in the box or perhaps to submit a blank box.

Lesley 
    Participant

Hey all, I’ve been trying to upload videos to my profile. They are .mp4 format and they don’t seem to work. Can anyone provide any kind of file format/size or provide some information as to how the best way to upload them is?

Jacqueline 

Hi Lesley. I don’t see anywhere to upload video’s in our profiles. We can insert media into our posts however. See Attachments at the bottom. The maximum file size for that is 512 KB.

Michelle M 
    Participant

A deep curtsey

“Miss Melissa.  Right under my name and Michelle@ is a statement I made when I first arrived.  I’d like to change that statement but for some reason I cannot replace it – any suggestions on how to do this?

Thank you

Jacqueline 

Hi Michelle,

From shychristine,

If you are on your home page:

Type something into the text box (what’s new Michelle)
    Click the “post update” button
    What was typed will appear under the avatar on your home page

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  Jacqueline.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by  Jacqueline.
     james 
    Participant

Hello Everyone, new here

just wondering is there a way to view captions on this site, or is that unavailable as of currently?

Jacqueline 

Hello James, The captions are currently unavailable.

Uwe 
    Participant

hi i have only a simple question also my language is german ok i can read english but my writing is not the best and for me a little bit hard ok very hard

so my question is can 1 or 2 people here who can write german tell me more from the use of this site so i can enjoy it a little bit more ?

i hope any one can help me with this and yes this little text cost me 30 minutes to write english is not really good for me lol

Jacqueline 

I will forward your request to Amanda Wells, one of our German speaking players. Hopefully she can help. One of our very active players some years ago was a German speaker and because very good at English by playing here. I hope we can help you.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Jacqueline.
     Rin 
    Participant

Question, if you start a role play and set it to private, can the enforcers see your post?

Jacqueline 

By enforcers, do you mean moderators? If so, yes I believe we can. But I’m not positive about that. Have you set something to private? I’ll try to look if you have. And I’ll let you know. 🙂

Rin 
    Participant

By enforcers/moderators, I mean those that reply to the role play. Thank you for helping me! 😄 Also, do enforcers decide what role play they want to join?

Jacqueline 

I think perhaps you mean the doms here, who do take part in the role play. Doms do decide which role play they wish to take part in. I’m very happy to help you.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Jacqueline.
     Manu 
    Participant

Good evening,

I’ve got a thread privat thread (invitation only) in the Public Group “Lacy Place Apartments”. Now I want to invite somebody. But if i press the sign (paper plane) with the printing “Invite” I get a really short list of members. These are my questions:

1. How does this the invitation work. Is it an invitation for the whole group? That seems senseless as the listed members are always members of the group.

2. Am I right, I can only place an invitation to a character that is my friend and already a member of the group ?

Thanks for reading and maybe helping

Manu

Manu 
    Participant

Good evening,

3. I took the person I wanted to invite as friend. The character is already a member of this group and is still NOT shown on the list of persons I can invite.

I am stumped. Any ideas?

Manu

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please remember that this site is volunteer run and operated. Returning emails may take some time.

Sending

©2019 Melissa Daniels & Renee Carter-Daniels

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar