Need Help? Ask here!

This topic contains 107 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Cherry Blossoms 3 days ago.

• Author
     Melissa 
    Keymaster

Welcome to the help forum.  Feel free to ask for assistance here and someone will be in contact with you.  Please be aware that all of the moderators at this site do so on a volunteer basis, so please be patient and understanding of their time.  I also encourage you to take a look at the FAQ.  Commonly asked questions may already be answered there.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     BarbieDolljean 
    Participant

🙂 A deep curtsy and a shy smile:)

Dear Ms Melissa,

Barbie Doll jean has been trying to figure out how to start a new forum/storyline called “Barbie Doll jean’s Adventures” , but has not been able to do so!  Please assist her if You will or point her in the correct direction.

many hugs and softly blown kisses,

Barbie Doll jean

🙂 another deep curtsy with a very shy smile 🙂

Monica Goodhead 

🙂 A deep curtsy and a shy smile:)

Dear Ms Melissa,

Barbie Doll jean has been trying to figure out how to start a new forum/storyline called “Barbie Doll jean’s Adventures” , but has not been able to do so! Please assist her if You will or point her in the correct direction.

many hugs and softly blown kisses,

Barbie Doll jean

🙂 another deep curtsy with a very shy smile 🙂

Barbie,

Nice to meet you! What kind of story/storytelling will it be? As in, in M&R, in Lacy, in the real-world etc, so we can help you to narrow down what you might be aiming for .

Moni

1 user thanked author for this post.
     silky 
    Participant

I’m missing the ‘Bookmarking’ that was in the old LiL. There are a number of places I want to get back to, and I have to fish through various links, trying to find what i want. (And sometimes, because a message is now marked ‘Read’, it has vanished off the screen, and i fail to find it at first.

Melissa 
    Keymaster

If you look up in the top post of this forum, or next to each private message there is a little star (favorites).  If you star something you can then click the ‘starred’ tab at the top of your profile and see all of your favorites.

You can also ‘subscribe’ at the top of every forum.

shychristine 

Hi silky,

I would agree with Melissa that clicking on the star to favorite something is essentially the old bookmarking functionality. There are two sections in your profile to navigate to. There is a general favorites tab in your profile, but for forum threads, there is also a tab for favorites after you click on the forums icon in your profile. It might seem like a bit of over-engineering at first, but as you collect a number of favorites, we hope the extra-bit of categorizing is going to be welcome.

Also, by subscribing to a thread (or forum) you’ll get an email every time someone posts to that thread (or forum).

We think that these features not only replace bookmarking, but are dialed in a little bit more to give us really granular control in how we want to navigate this big space and be altered when something has been updated in the forums.

Alexa 
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Dumb question but I seem to have forgotten how to set my forum signature. I evidently managed to do it once but I can’t seem to find how I did it the first time. Could someone tell me where I can find the option to change it?

Thanks in advance,

Alexa

Looking for sissies in all the right places.

Jacqueline 

Hi Silky. Also see “activity” in your personal menu. I use that to find things I’ve taken part in.

Hi Alexa. I entered a signature myself. But now, like you, I can’t find the place to change it. Maybe it went away. I’ll keep looking.

Suzie Shalmirane 
    Participant

Just a quick question. What exactly does the “favorite” star do? Is there a list of MY favorites somewhere that I can see? I would like to be able to see a list of forums that I’m active on like the old Lacy and other sites as well.

Thanks for you help!

Suzie

Michelle Smith

Melissa 
    Keymaster

It was there and then I screwed it up and now it’s back!

Signature editor can now be found in the bottom of the character profile edit menu.

2 users thanked author for this post.
     shychristine 

Hi Suzie,

As was mentioned in a response above:

There is a general favorites tab in your profile, but for forum threads, there is also a tab for favorites after you click on the forums icon in your profile. It might seem like a bit of over-engineering at first, but as you collect a number of favorites, we hope the extra-bit of categorizing is going to be welcome.

Also, by subscribing to a thread (or forum) you’ll get an email every time someone posts to that thread (or forum).

Suzie Shalmirane 
    Participant

Well “duh”! Slapping myself in the forehead. Thanks for your help!

Michelle Smith

flounce 
    Participant

Is there a way to delete or edit an existing post?  I think I thought of a better way to start my story in the Initiation role-playing thread.  Since no one has replied to my initial post yet, I thought I would just remove it and start over (or else edit it and rewrite it completely, preferably including the post title) but I haven’t figured out how to do that.  Is it not something allowed?

Thank you,

Jacqueline 

If you delete the post the entire topic will be deleted. Just click trash. Then you can create a new topic with a new title and post.

flounce 
    Participant

Er…not to be dense, but click trash *where*? Whenever I look at the post, the only options I see are Reply and Report. I can see an Edit option on my posts here, but not the one in Initiation (under Role Playing).

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  flounce.
     silky 
    Participant

I’m sorry – I can’t get to grips with this new format.  I’ve tried, and tried and TRIED – but I’m getting nowhere, and have spent hours fumbling round.

I’ll carry on visiting, and looking around from time to time.  I loved the old LiL (and it’s previous format too), but for now, the amount of time and effort i’m putting in isn’t justified by the feedback i’m getting.

I wish LiL all the best – i envy those who seem to have taken to it like a fish to water – but that’s not me.  🙁 🙁 🙁

Jacqueline 

Flounce, I looked for your thread and I see you have a reply by Miss Luzette. Perhaps it’s because I am a moderator that I see the “trash” entry on the menu just above your post. I can trash it for you if you wish, but now that you have a reply, perhaps you’d like to keep it. Just let me know. And let me know if you don’t see trash in your menu just above the post.

Jacqueline 

Silky, I know the format here is much different than the old LiL. The idea is the same, but the mechanics of the site are different and take some getting used to. What are you attempting to do that is giving you trouble? We’ll all be happy to help you move forward. Just let me know how I can help. Hugs.

silky 
    Participant

Thanks for trying to help, Melissa, Christine, Jacqueline.  I’m very sorry to say, I’m at my wit’s end – trying to navigate this new version of LiL – I think i’ve made a posting somewhere, asking for help, then can’t find it, nor find any reply/feedback.  I’m totally baffled by the structure (maybe I tried too hard at first, got into some strange places).

I’ve tried to respond to other people, but for some reason, it seems my responses were misdirected.  And, several different places have seemed the ‘right’ place, only to fail.

I seem to have lost touch with one thread that showed promise.

I suspect part of it may be I don’t fully grasp the difference between Forums, Groups, threads – etc.

I’m quite prepared to be told I’m stupid, that everyone else finds it lucidly clear and obvious.

I propose to hold off posting for a while.  I’ll roam the rooms of Lil, hoping to get sufficiently oriented to resume activity.  In the meantime, I hope those brighter than me get to enjoy LiL – I envy them!

Jacqueline 

A player, Éléa, is attempting to place a line of text in her signature. She has saved the profile. It shows up in her profile, but not below her posts.

Jacqueline 

Silky,

Groups are broad areas. Topics, (inside groups) are the equivalent of threads. If you click on a group, you will see a menu with a icon named “forum.” Clicking that will take you to a list of the “topics” inside the group. Those topics can be marked as “favorites” and “subscribed” to. That will make them easier to find in the future.

If we click our Avatar we see a personal menu. One item is “activity” a list of your activity. Another is groups, the groups we have joined. Another is “Messages” a list of your messages. Another is “Forums” a list of the topics as follows: Topics Started, Replies Created, Favorites, and Subscriptions.

Those are the keys for not losing things. It is confusing at first. But it will make sense as you become accustomed to the site. I have found that setting my email up to receive all notices is very helpful in not missing something. That can be found in your “settings” “email.”

Don’t give up. Hugs.

Alexa 
    Participant

It was there and then I screwed it up and now it’s back!

Signature editor can now be found in the bottom of the character profile edit menu.

Just a followup to my previous question. I don’t know if it’s me doing it wrong but everytime I try to change my signature and save the changes, the old signature comes back and the changes aren’t saved. Am I making a mistake somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Alexa

Jacqueline 

Alexa,

Elea, in my post above, seems to be having a similar problem. The signatures are not saving perhaps?

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jacqueline.
     Alexa 
    Participant

@jacqueline

It seems that way. Like the content in the signature form isn’t saved when save is pressed.

Alexa

Melissa 
    Keymaster

Hmm.  Ok, back to the drawing board.  I will look at it tomorrow.

Mallory-Michelle 
    Participant

How do I insert a picture in the reply? Is it like other forums where you have

or is this any different?

Jacqueline 

Mallory-Michelle, the img/ type image links from a hosting service works. There is also a “attachment” box under the reply box for attaching a image or media file.

Jacqueline 

Melissa, a few players have voiced concern about not being able to edit or delete their posts in the role playing / initiation forum.

Melissa 
    Keymaster

The main forums allow for editing of posts for a few hours and then it is disabled.  This is done as an anti-spam measurement by the software (so that posts can’t be created and then edited to become spam).  Within groups the admins and moderators can edit indefinitely but those should be functioning the same way.  I don’t think it’s something I can change… Apologies if there are frustrations.

Jacqueline 

Okay, now we know. Thank you for explaining Melissa. I don’t think it will be huge problem as long as we mods can help by editing for the player in the rare event it’s needed.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please remember that this site is volunteer run and operated. Returning emails may take some time.

Sending

©2019 Melissa Daniels & Renee Carter-Daniels

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar