Skip to toolbar

Corset training

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jessi Smith
    Participant

What should this be like? How long should I be wearing it every day to help with an hourglass figure? 

Jessi Smith

1 user thanked author for this post.
    poppy
    Participant

There is quite a lot of information online if you need to research it.

However, the most important thing is to seek medical advice first. There can be all sorts of complications if it is done wrongly or if your body is not sutable.

But if you really want to do it, up to 23 hours a day, removing it only for showers etc.

"'Will you walk into my parlour?' said the Spider to the Fly."

i am baby blue and i am proud to be owned by Sapphire Storm

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous

Hardest part is getting it on without help.

poppy
    Participant

Hardest part is getting it on without help.

You soon get used to that. A bit like learning to fasten a bra. 😉

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous

I agree, but one could probably not fasten it as tightly as someone doing it for you.  Don’t get me wrong, one can fasten it by himself snugly, which feels amazing, just not as tight by another.

poppy
    Participant

As long as you take it slowly and in stages, it is surprising how far you can get. I can get my waist done to 24″ without help. But I am starting with a natural 29-30″ one.  😉

Alison Anderson
    Participant

Here are a couple of points to consider.

Be sure you can untie a knot behind your back.  If, when trying to get out, you pull the wrong string and make a knot, you need to be able to undo that knot.  The corset will be too tight to turn around, so you are either going to have to loosen the knot yourself or ask someone for help.

If it hurts, STOP!  If you are having difficulty breathing, STOP!  If you feel faint, STOP!  Loosen the corset a little, or take it off.

If you need to do something that requires exertion, heavy exercise, or something that requires deep breathing, you want to loosen or remove the corset.

The corset should feel like a nice hug on your body.  Don’t try to do like they did in Gone With The Wind, tightening the corset to the point of almost fainting (or as they sometimes called it, “vapors”).  You should be able to get between 4 and 6 inches smaller, depending on how much fat you have.

If you are going to wear it for a long time, you may want a corset liner or a camisole under the corset.  It is easier to wash the camisole of body oils than the corset.  Just be sure it is smooth under the corset; any bumps will be exaggerated by the constant pressure of the corset.

Putting it on by yourself is not all that difficult.  There are different methods for doing this.  Some say to hook the laces on a doorknob and then walk or lean away.  I prefer the “chicken wing” approach.

Start with the top laces.  Grab the laces in your hand and pull loosely until your elbow is at your side and the string runs from your hand to around the elbow.   Now pull the elbows forward.  This will pull the upper laces tighter using your back muscles.  Do the same with the lower laces, and alternate.  (I thought I had uploaded a video at one time, but it seems to have been removed despite marked adult and private.)  When doing this, make sure the modesty panel (the flaps under the laces) are straight as you tighten it.  Otherwise you will have to loosen it readjust the flaps.

You may find you want to use an ice skate key.  This is essentially a big metal hook with a handle.  This can be used to grab at the crisscross and then pull out some slack, then move towards the center pulling out as much as you can each time.

After tightening the corset, let your body adjust.  Between your body getting used to it, and the slack in the laces readjusting, you will find in an hour or so you can pull the laces a little tighter.  If I wear a corset for a few days, I find every 12 hours or so I can usually pull it in just a little more.

Wearing a corset does more than waist train.  It puts an S curve in your back, it makes it difficult to bend, it changes how you walk, it makes slouching difficult.  Your top half is going to now move as one.  And you will find with a more feminine waist that your elbows will no longer touch your side.

Wearing a corset will compress your stomach.  If you try to eat like before you will find yourself getting indigestion.  So you will have to eat smaller meals.

One problem I sometimes get from wearing a corset is a pain in my lower back.  But not from the corset itself, instead from the aglets digging into your skin.  The aglets are the plastic sheathes at the end of the laces, which will be at the bottom of the corset.  Make sure when you start that these are centered into the small of your back  and not on one end or the other to give you that extra room so they don’t start digging in and scratching your back.

9 users thanked author for this post.
    Alison Anderson
    Participant

I just took off my corset tonight after wearing it for almost 9 days (I took it off for a couple of 0nline exercise classes).  I loved wearing it for that long, and the feminine waist it gave me.  I had gotten it fairly tight, and in places only an inch or two from being fully closed.  But I was getting problems with stomach reflux from the compression of my stomach and decided I needed a break.  I also had the aglets scratching my back, and finally decided to put some tape on them to hold them flat against the corset.

One thing I forgot to mention previously is the corset strings.  The corset is really designed to tie the loops and let the strings hang in the back.  Some people wrap it around their waist, but I think it ruins what you are trying to do because the waist is now thicker and lumpy around the laces.

Now back in the days when corsets were popular, women were also wearing hoop skirts or cages, then a petticoat, and then their dress.  You may ask, how did they go pee in that?  There is a surprise answer.  They wore crotchless panties.  (And you thought that crotchless panties were worn to be sexy!)  And they didn’t have toilets, they used chamber pots.  Now they can lift up the front of their skirt with one hand, and squat over the chamber pot and do their business since squatting opens up the panties.

We don’t use chamber pots any more, we use a toilet.  If you have long strings hanging down your backside and you sit on a toilet, … (I needn’t compete the picture.)  The solution I use (since I don’t wrap the strings around) is to gather them together and stuff them up the back of the corset.  This keeps them out of the way when you sit, although you should verify they are still up there before mounting the porcelain throne.

The only other solution I have seen involves a specialty corset where you put the strings into a pouch in the back, you pull a flap over the laces, and pull the straps around the front where you can then padlock them together, keeping not only the strings but the entire lacing from being accessible to anyone but the keyholder.  Check out this page from the internet archive.  https://web.archive.org/web/20080622125312/http://www.lacedandlocked.com/lockingcorset.html  You can find similar designs today on ebay.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 Melissa Daniels & Renee Carter-Daniels

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account