READ ME: How to RolePlay at the new LIL

This topic contains 27 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqueline 4 days, 9 hours ago.

• Author
     Melissa 
    Keymaster

I suspect many of you may have concerns and/or frustrations with the layout of the ‘forums’ and the fact that they are Corporation focused. What about the Lacy Place, you will shout. What if I don’t want to play this dumb old Corporation forced fem game?

The good news is that this new engine offers us a huge opportunity in our role play adventures, but it is going to take all of us shifting our mindset a little in HOW we play. I have a good feeling that this is going to open up many wonderful opportunities and adventures and I ask that you give this the benefit of the doubt and let us try something new here. I welcome feedback below, but please try to enter in with an open mind… you might just like it.

The new site is designed with the idea that the ‘Role Playing’ forums are almost a tutorial. Think of this as a fan-fiction area where players can learn how to role play… and I hope all of you established players will help guide new players even as I endeavor to create some new story starters and flesh out the world a little more.

So where is the actual role-play? Where is the Lacy Place? Where do girls that have played at the Corporation for years go?

The wonderful thing about this new site, is that each one of you can create entire universes with your own rules and your own philosophies. All you have to do is go up and create your own group! If you want to see some examples, you can find them in the community tab in the top menu under ‘groups’. For instance, @jacqueline has created The Lacy Place as it’s own group. It has it’s own forum, it has it’s own membership within the site… and it can have other groups created as sub-groups to it.

Likewise for something completely different, @mistressdyvia has created her own universe completely independent of The Corporation or Lacy called The Labyrinth of the Hive Mind which can exist in it’s own little world.

All of you can create groups and create your own worlds… They can be public or private, they can have their own pages and I expect to see many wonderful adventures created. So give it a try… join a group and/or create your own. And let me know what questions you have in the comments below!

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Melissa.
    Total of 50 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
     latexdolli 
    Participant

Thank You, so much for here.

latexdolli

hatsue 
    Participant

hatsue cannot wait to start the role play.

Xanthe Altheia 
    Participant

So pleased to see LiL back.

Vanessa 
    Participant

Sorry to spoil the party… But with the new site I see you can no longer create multiple characters under your account. That’s a massive disappointment!

Previously you could create multiple characterised, fill out their bio, ect.., that was the whole point of LIL.

Now let’s say I want to play a new dum male character arriving a the corporation, I will just appear as Vanessa. I see people have already tried this, and from a story telling perspective it does not work.

Melissa 
    Keymaster

Vanessa: I understand your frustration. Due to necessity we are attempting to simplify and stabilize the software we use to play here. The feature that you are talking about was a nightmare to keep stable and very difficult to integrate.

I will say that I have been playing in the forums a little the last two days in an attempt to see how it plays and feels… and I’m actually fairly delighted with how free form and fun it can be in this less structured and more open environment. I think that most players are fairly intuitive and can tell the difference between the player (with the icon and username) and the character that they are writing about in a story.

It is also not overly difficult (although just a little more time consuming) to just create a new account. All it takes is an email and google now lets you link all of your emails together… so you can still create as many characters you want through that functionality while still allowing our site to remain less buggy and stable.

Thank you for your feedback and hopefully this is not something that keeps you from being able to have fun here.

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Sissyjame 
    Participant

Thank you MISS MELISSA

Miss Luzette 
    Participant

To respond to Vanessa’s concern, no one uses more characters in a post than me ~hee ~hee but I’ve found that merely putting my current character’s image at the top of the post does the same function since the “Miss Luzette” icon is still on the left so there is no confusion.

I am just a little frustrated though that I can’t size my images using the ‘=400×400’ coding on the image like the old site. Any new trick available or in the works?

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Amanda Wells 
    Participant

@Miss Luzette: Still don’t know how to do it at first instance, but after you’ve post, if you edit the post, and click over the image, it appears a little pencil, click over it and a form appears where you can resize the image, put a border, align it to right, center or left …

width=200

Original, to left

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Amanda Wells.
     Emma95 
    Participant

Thanks miss

Miss Luzette 
    Participant

Let’s see if it works:

Nope, can’t see the pencil. I’m using Chrome if that’s the issue. I hover over the text in Visual and Text while editing and over the image when not editing and see nothing. ~sigh!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Miss Luzette.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Miss Luzette.
     Quinn 
    Participant

So excited to be here.  hugs and kisses

Beneathuk 
    Participant

I’m new to this version. Not been in the LiL headspace for quite some time and decided to log in today only to find this exciting new site. Hopefully, I’ll be able to have some RP fun here, the old site had become pretty dead on the engagement front.

Ben/Chloe

Kuchi Thot 
    Participant

If you’ve been Chloe, who are you now?😁

Beneathuk 
    Participant

Well, I might as well start out fresh. I’m just trying to get my head around this new format and then see what happens. It says to post an intro in the lobby, where is the lobby?

Kuchi Thot 
    Participant

Initations-Start Here.

Tasha Grey 
    Participant

Vanessa

I have a thought to your problem. You can start a group. Make it private. Title something like Vanessa’s alts. Then you can add your characters with their bio and pictures. Add a thumbnail pic to use whenever that character is used. The only thing is that others won’t be able to view the bios. Unless the group is open.

Again just a thought.

Jane 
    Participant

I still don’t really understand. So I started a roleplay scenario around 6 days ago in the invitation page but no one has joined in or responded yet. Is there somewhere else I need to put it or send it somewhere to get people to join in.

What do I do?

Jacqueline 

Hi Jane,
    Because of the great inrush of new players to the new site, it has been taking longer than usual for new players threads to be picked up. Hopefully someone will respond soon. Your post looks great. Hang in there.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Jacqueline.
     Jane 
    Participant

Hi Jane,

Because of the great inrush of new players to the new site, it has been taking longer than usual for new players threads to be picked up. Hopefully someone will respond soon. Your post looks great. Hang in there.

Thank you for responding so fast and clearing that up. I appreciate it 🙂

Jane

Sissyboi 
    Participant

Thank you for having this interesting site for us, for me to explore.

Providing a place where males such as myself can be educated, or re-educated, to be the best submissive sissy gurls for oour superior Mistresses.

Kitty The Tease 
    Participant

Hi all…I’m liking what I’m seeing so far here, the written roleplay style is a bit new to me but I think I can have some fun with it.  Looking forward to showing off my skills for all the sweet little sissies here…

Kitty

Attachments:
     Claire 
    Participant

I’m actually glad about the limitation of character creations. Otherwise it can become slightly confusing if you have like two characters, one being dominant and one being submissive. I still remember replying to a thread on the old site where it was a submissive character with a dominant and instead of using my submissive character I used the dominant one. That was awkward.

<3 Claire

Jacqueline 

Welcome back Claire. I had the same happen to me on the old site.

Fio 
    Participant

Thank you sweetie.

Fio xx

Jacqueline 

Hi Fio, it’s great to have you back too.

Kathy 
    Participant

I’m so happy to see the site back, thank you and congratulations to everyone who have worked so hard to do that 🙂

Jacqueline 

Welcome home Kathy.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please remember that this site is volunteer run and operated. Returning emails may take some time.

Sending

©2018 Melissa Daniels & Renee Carter-Daniels

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar