Skip to toolbar

A Kiss for Molly [Pvt]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Krissi
    Participant

It was only by chance that we met. Call it luck or fate or whatever you want. I sometimes still wonder if things might have been different? So many crossroads. These feelings are becoming less frequent nowadays. They are just becoming more fleeting as each day goes by.

Each day I see you, that charming man I met, the gentleman that made me smile, made me giggle that evening, made me even start to fall for you. I’m losing that image in my mind.

Piece by piece…

Now I see the girl, the woman that has always been inside you forced outwardly. I see sometimes a struggle, a hint of resistance, a desperate plea to turn back, to save even the most minuscule fragment of your past male self.

Each day, I see it less and less.

I see it on your face. I see it every-time you see your perfect self in the mirror. The perfect girl. I see it every time you dress, and mince, and obey. Your eyes try to hide it, but I can just see it…

…you’re soo much happier with your new life here in M&R.

We pass each other sometimes in the halls here, and when I enter a room you immediately break into a curtsy. Your eyes avert downwards. You can’t bring yourself to look me in the eyes anymore. You used to call me your dear, your sweetie. Now you call me Miss. My heart used to melt when you called me your little Molly… YOUR little Molly. Now you call me Miss Molly.

It’s different for the other girls, because I never met them before they came here to M&R. I never met them when they were the charming gentleman that singled me out as the girl they wanted to know. Hearing you compliment my eyes, tell me you thought my smile was pretty. You certainly knew how to make a girl feel like they were on cloud nine.

But I shouldn’t think like that about you anymore. I want you to be happy. I want you to be fulfilled. You are no longer my man, my partner.

You are my girl, and I shall treat you as such.

Attachments:
    3 users thanked author for this post.
    Krissi
    Participant

I remember when you arrived through those looming double doors. It was early on the Monday, and from my office window I couldn’t help but watch in anticipation every-time there was activity happening outside. Was I a little distracted this day? You bet I was.

My heart was racing with each taxi that pulled up, each persons head emerging from the passenger seat. I don’t remember all the emotions I felt. Part of me really wanted to see you again. A big part was really wishing I wouldn’t. Getting used to life in M&R was going to take some time, and not just for you. I was also fairly new myself.

My paperwork in hand, a chai tea recently served to me from one of the girls. I wouldn’t be the one inducting you this day. Perhaps this was for the best. I’m sure I would have done a professional job, but I always wondered if maybe, just maybe I might have told you your resume didn’t live up to expectations. Whether I would have ushered you out the door.

“I’m sorry, but this time you haven’t been successful.” 

I know I wouldn’t have.

If you arrived here, you would have already made that decision. Who was I to convince you otherwise?

Nearly 45 minutes elapsed. Perhaps I was a little on edge. I apologize if I snapped at any girls. Another taxi arrives. I hold my breath.

I see you.

My mind went numb. I wasn’t devastated, not even very sad. I was just a little disappointed. Perhaps disappointed in myself.

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Krissi
    Participant

~~~

We were lying there looking up at the stars. Not a cloud in the night sky, as if somehow even they knew to hold off just for that time, just for that moment.

I was shaking, but you wrapped your coat around me and I leaned against your shoulder. It felt so right. The time just felt so right. I looked up towards you. We gazed into each others eyes. I wanted you right there. I needed you right there. I could feel it in you too, as our eyes were locked together. I slightly parted my lips. Did I mean it, or did it happen naturally? I wanted you soo much. I was yours for you to take…

…why did you hesitate?

~~~

“How may I help you Sir?”          “Sir?”            “You seem a little lost, Sir.”

“Why yes this is the right place. Why yes, you are scheduled to be here today.”

“You are here to see Ms Castle, right? She’ll be right down in a moment.”

“Now if you could just sign this form please, and you’ll be registered with us today, Sir.”

“Of course Sir, I encourage that you read over the form if you would like.”

“Would you like a seat whilst you read it?”
                                                                “Would you like a drink whilst you read it?”
                                                                                                                  “Is there anything I can get you whilst you read it?”

“Ms Castle is approaching. Have you finished reading through the form yet, Sir?”

“Oh don’t be nervous Sir, I’m sure you’re going to do just fine. You have a wonderful day, Sir.”

“See you soon, Sir.”

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 Melissa Daniels & Renee Carter-Daniels

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account